Friday, September 25, 2009

First Blog



Sept 25th 2009


Lauren Cowles

The Arts Collective is made up of a number of artists involved in the Gallery IS. We have our studios in the gallery everyday. We work on our art while the gallery is open. The artists are Lauren Cowles, Erika Schulz, Jeri Lyn Ing, Beth Ferchuk, Ricki Renard. We feed off each other, get ideas from each other and support each others art careers.

As a collective I feel my art has change since being a part of the collective. HAving other artists critic my work brings me back to art school. Having them open my eyes to something I might not have seen working on my own. They have pushed me to try new and old mediums. Like painting. I used to paint before I began my collage work and have never looked back. Since we have started some collaborations and themes my painting has come back. Now I am not afraid to put painting back on my works of art.

We have an opening event the first friday of every month. Its a celebration and a reason to get together and discuss art. We encourage any and everybody to come down explore the night of art.


1 comment: